Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to email@example.com or via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules. If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The posting of PHI (personal health information) is prohibited.
- Do NOT post information that identifies a specific provider or that may compromise an active investigation. Active investigations should be entered in the NHCAA SIRIS database.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws. NHCAA’s Antitrust Compliance Policy is available under the Help tab. Please be sure to review this document.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- We reserve the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association. National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association we will take all appropriate action.
National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
The National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association (NHCAA) respects the privacy of members and guests who visit the Website. NHCAA does not collect information through NHCAA Connect or the Website without the knowledge of the member or guest.
Types of Information Collected by NHCAA
NHCAA requires that visitors provide information to access certain areas of its Website and CONNECT or to receive customized information. This information may include name, title, organization, telephone numbers, fax number, email and mailing address voluntarily provided by individuals who registers with NHCAA's Website or NHCAA CONNECT.
How NHCAA uses your Personal Information
NHCAA does not disclose to third parties any information it gathers from the Website which could be used to track your individual access and navigation of our site. In order to maintain the integrity of the personal information we collect, we use computer encryption technology to protect your information from unauthorized access or release. NHCAA may use email or postal addresses voluntarily provided by site visitors to notify them of upcoming events, new additions to the NHCAA CONNECT or other products and services offered by NHCAA. If you are a member or visitor and do not wish to receive such notifications via email, please contact us at email@example.com.
Resale or Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf. NHCAA does not make its contact list available to any other third party, with the exception of individuals registered for the Annual Training Conference. In the CONNECT environment the user controls the information they are willing to disclose.
Cookies – What are they and how are they used?
For Users of CONNECT
By registering for a password and logging onto the NHCAA Website, or NHCAA CONNECT, registered members only need to enter their user name and password to access NHCAA Website once, utilizing enabled cookies. For subsequent visits, the Website "remembers" your user name and password. This is done by use of a cookie (see explanation above). If a user's browser is configured to reject the cookie, he or she may still access the NHCAA CONNECT by logging in upon each visit.
Messages that you send to NHCAA via email may not be secure. NHCAA suggests that you not send any confidential information to us via email. If you choose to send confidential information to us via email, you accept the risk that a third party may intercept your information.
Accessing Links to External Sites
The NHCAA CONNECT may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content information contained in the links of other sites. We encourage users when they leave our Website to read the privacy statements of each Website that collects personally identifiable information.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
While NHCAA will do its best to protect your personal information, NHCAA cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit within CONNECT and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through NHCAA CONNECT have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.